Friday, September 18, 2009

It's cupcake time!


Hi Friends and Family,
I can hear your complaints already...I know, I know, we are horribly behind in writing blogs. Hopefully, I'll make it up to you this time with some amazing news!  Below is a note from my sister about her cancer. God is so good and has been continuing to do miracles!!! See below.




The biggest news in our home is that Elea started kindergarten!!! (See pic) She's also started to play soccer and continues with ballet. That girl loves to be active.  Ty is now 2 1/2, talking a lot more, and as fun as ever. Jason is teaching two classes of Matthew at the Calvary Chapel Bible College Extension Campus at CCCM (in addition to his "real" job). And I'm still a stay-at-home mom that does an awful lot of work for non-profit organizaitons (to see what I'm up to lately, go to http://www.curesrocktour.com and www.run4julie.blogspot.com).  Jason and I also just ran the Disneyland Half Marathon. He creamed my time, but we had lots of fun and earned our Disney castle medals! (see pic...yes, I dressed like a princess!)


Don't forget to read my sister's note below about the latest news about her cancer. You won't want to miss THIS news!!!


Love,
Angie and Family

Note from my twin sister:

First, thanks to all of you for being my virtual cheering squad over the past 9 months of on/off treatments and up/down news. You've all joined me in mocking cancer, helped me kick some shins when I've been frustrated and prayed for a cure.  Who knew that as friends and family, we'd all band together in this fashion. Thank you for your support.  
 
I've been able to run some races, not run some others due to treatments, and then run again.  (In fact, Angie, Jason and I completed the Disneyland Half Marathon on Sunday! See pic!) However, I can now officially say that after battling cancer for the 3rd time....it's THREE STRIKES, AND YOU'RE OUTTA HERE, CANCER!  We're on the home team, baby! Cancer didn't stand a chance.
 
That's right! The official PET scan results and other tests came back today, and anything left of the tumor is dead cancer cells which my body will absorb.  And, although my momma always told me I was special, my doctor declared me, "unremarkable," and I am done with treatments!! ;)  
 
HAPPY 09-09-09! (My doc pointed out that nifty date to me today.) Yes, I'm planning on mounds of cupcakes to celebrate!
 
CURES ROCK! 
 

Love,
Jules

www.curesrock.com
www.curesrocktour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment